This whisky cocktail is an out-and-out classic of the 1960s that will make you feel like a sharp-suited Don Draper in no time.
- 1 thick slice orange peel
- 1 maraschino cherry, with stem
- 1 tsp sugar syrup (also sold as gomme syrup)
- 2-3 drops whisky bitters
- ice cubes, as necessary
- 50ml/2fl oz scotch or bourbon
- twist of lemon peel, to garnish
- Take the orange peel and squeeze it with your fingers. Rub the peel around the insides of a whisky tumbler, then place into the glass. Add the cherry, sugar syrup and bitters, along with three ice cubes.
- Add half of the scotch or bourbon and stir for about ten seconds. Add more ice and the remaining scotch or bourbon and stir again for 10-15 seconds.
- To serve, garnish with lemon peel.
Source : BBC Food Recipes